My Christmas mantel 2015 has been up for about a week…but I didn’t get around to taking some picture until last night. I did have an almost major mishap while taking the photos. I thought it would be a great idea to have the fire lit for the pics…it would look so cozy. Well, when I lit the gas fireplace…a ball of fire came out and burned off a good chunk of my hair off along with a bit of eye brow. Everything else was fine…my face made it out OK. And even though several mantel items were engulfed, especially the stockings, nothing else was damaged but my hair. The smell was horrid…who knew that just hair burning could smell that bad? And I don’t put a lot, if any, product in my hair…thank god, or else my whole head would have been burned. Anyhoo…
Without any further ado…here is my Christmas mantel for 2015. My favorite addition is the 1948 light up globe (glass not plastic) that I found last weekend! Joy to the world!
This is the shelf above the TV…while not the mantel, I love the cardboard reindeer! Ho Ho Ho!
Here is what I did 2 years ago…can’t find 2014 pics, but it was pretty much the same. Oops.